Book commissioned by the APUR (Atelier Parisien d’Urbanisme). It is a synthesis of the works of 10 ten multidisciplinary teams of architects and urban planners to imagine an exemplary “Grand Paris” a sustainable and boldly designed capital.
Agency: UP! Studio Paris
Illustrations: Enrico Baldetti
The challenge for the 10 teams was envisioning the European metropolis in 2030 being a “post-Kyoto” green urban centre which allows for growth beyond the current two million Parisians and provides them with attractive urban environments.
The ten multidisciplinary teams working in partnership with architects and urban planners were:
- Sir Richard Rogers, Rogers Stirk Harbour & Partners
– Yves Lion, Groupe Descartes team
– Djamel Klouche, AUC team
– Christian de Portzamparc, Atelier Christian de Portzamparc team
– Antoine Grumbach, Agence Grumbach and associates team
– Jean Nouvel, representative of the Ateliers Jean Nouvel
– Bernardo Secchi and Paola Vigano, Studio 09 team
– Finn Geipel, LIN team
– Roland Castro, Ateliers Castro/Denissof/Casi team
– Winy Maas, MVRDV team